Prepping for an Interview

by - February 01, 2016


At the age of 26, I have been to my fair share of interviews. I am by no means an expert, but I have picked up on some tips and tricks when it comes to dressing for the occasion!

Keep it Simple

When it comes to your makeup and clothing, keep it very simple and classic. An interview is not the time to bust out your contour kit or latest trendy fashion look. I like to add a little mascara, blush, and neutral lipstick for my makeup look. Also, I typically wear my hair down, and I tend to struggle with interesting and new hairstyles. Prepping for an interview is not the time to experiment with a new 'do! For my outfit, I tend to stick wearing a dress (because comfort is important!) with a nice and professional blazer thrown on top. Which brings me to my next tip...

Keep it Comfortable
 
When I first started going to interviews, I was told to always wear heels. Heels are definitely great and look nice, but the thing is that I am pretty terrible at walking in them. Heels lose their professional feel when you stumble into the office looking like a baby deer. Stick to what makes you feel comfortable, because that will help you feel your confident best!

Keep Away the Bling

Nothing is more distracting to the interviewer than big hoop earrings or a bejeweled necklace. I am not really a jewelry person, but I do have a lucky ring which I always have to wear. Pick one piece that provides you with luck or confidence (as long as it's simple) and go rock that interview!

Keep it Classy

Once you arrive at the interview, don't, I repeat, do not  forget to take your sunglasses off your head! Believe it or not, but one of my old bosses did not hire someone because of this. He said it made her look like she didn't really care about the interview enough, and seemed like she was already prepping to go back outside.


I hope these outfit and beauty tips will help you when it's time for your next (or first!) interview. I just know you'll rock it!

Robe: Target,  Dress: Anthropologie,  Blazer: Calvin Klein,  Shoes: Target,  Bag: Kate Spade  Sunglasses: Prada  
 






Shop:

 
Thanks for reading!

- Allie

You May Also Like

3 Comments

  1. What a great post! Although I have a full time position you never know when you will have an interview! Thanks for the tips!
    Great post!
    Holly
    www.teachmestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. With this tips i think you'll land that job!
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://Simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. With this tips i think you'll land that job!
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://Simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love each and every one of your comments!