It's Newsletter Time!

by - August 09, 2022

Hey guys! It's been a hot minute, hasn't it?
Well, it's because I've been working on something very exciting. 
 
Introducing:
 
I am SO excited about this project, and I would love for my readers here to get access to this twice-weekly fashion, lifestyle, and pop culture brain vacation for free! You can subscribe here, and start looking forward to checking your inbox every Wednesday and Friday.
 
Get a special sneak peak of tomorrow's edition that's only available to readers of this blog:

 


 

 Let’s get to it!

After deciding to stop thinking about it and just start this damn newsletter, it dawned on me that there are so many things I’m guilty of saying “I’ll do it eventually” to. For example, I had this parrot art print sitting around waiting to go up on my wall for two weeks. I had a vision of a similar print going up on the opposite side of the wall, but I just couldn’t find one that really wowed me. Plus, the ones that did were all around $200. That’s when I decided to simply make my own.

I went to a local thrift store, measured several different frames, found a nearly identical sized one, and took it home for only $4.99. I busted out my paint and bushes and set up on my old kitchen table that now lives in my side yard as a soon-to-be art station. (Yet another project I’ll get around to)

Not only did I feel absolutely accomplished that I actually did something I had wanted to do for a while, but I had the perfect art print I could have never found online. So, will this inspire me to finally tackle all of my other passion projects? Maybe. But at least for now, I can check one off of my list.


I’m curious, do any of you have passion projects lying around in the back of your head waiting to be brought to life? If so, what are they? Do you feel inspired to finally get started on them? Click below to let me know!

 


 

In pop culture news:

After nearly nine months together, Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson have called it quits. Naturally, Kanye West (sorry, “Ye”) had a lot to say.

Speaking of Kim Kardashian, she posted a weird brag on her Instagram stories about the results of her bone density test, saying she was in the 93 to 97 percentile. Ok, cool I guess? However, viewers quickly realized that math is hard for Kim and that she misread her results meaning she’s actually in the 69 to 93 percentile. Poor Kim, your bones may not be as dense as you thought, but your brain sure is.

Teresa Giudice, of Real Housewives fame, spent $10,000 on her wedding hair. Money well spent?

Lastly, Olivia Newton-John passed away on Monday at the age of 73 after a 30-year battle with breast cancer. You’ll be truly missed, Olivia. Grease will always be one of my favorite movie musicals of all time, and now I need to watch it 30 times in a row. 

 


 

Let’s talk about fashion:

I don’t know about all of you, but in this post-pandemic world, I often feel like I would rather perish than have to put on a real bra. Enter the bralette: the best invention that has ever been invented. I have to admit, I was skeptical about the effectiveness of a bralette on my 38DD chest, but a size XL hasn’t failed me yet!

I basically now own half of these bralettes, and this one in particular has a special place in my heart on my chest. Hence why it’s not pictured above. I’m definitely wearing it as I type this. Did I mention that they’re all under $20?!

For as long as I can remember, I’ve had a love-hate relationship with fake eyelashes. I can confidently say that I’ve spent 15-30 minutes at times trying to stick them to my eyelids to no avail. Thankfully, I recently discovered the Ioni individual lash extensions. I cannot funny express my absolute love and obsession with these things. It only takes one set glued to the outer corner of my natural lashes to instantly provide a perfect cat-eye look that takes virtually no effort. If you’re like me and majorly struggle with regular fake lashes, you absolutely have to try these! At around $5 a pack, I promise you won’t be disappointed.

 


 

My favorite articles of the week (so far):

1) Breakfast that’s tasty and beautiful?

2) The best Trader Joe’s snacks for your midday hangry attack.

3) For your furry best friend.

4) Getting paid $100k to eat candy?! Sign me TF up!

5) The art of doing nothing.

6) BRB, completely changing my hair right now.

7) Is it true that Gen Z is in a “sex recession”?

8) Tacobout a tease!

9) Are headbands making a comeback?

10) We all know that sick days are important, but what about hangover days? 

 


 

If you liked what you just read, I'd love it if you subscribed! You'll get a new edition delivered to your inbox every Wednesday and Friday. Because we all deserve a little fun in our inboxes!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
-Allie

You May Also Like

0 Comments

I absolutely love each and every one of your comments!